• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official 2008/2009 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here's your chance to comment on your favorite teams and predict what collegiate coaches will lead their squads to glory. GO MICHIGAN STATE !!

23lebron23

WTF is wrong with me?!
USC is winning the national championship.

RUTGERS

bodie54

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her!
NCAA football can't start soon enough :bowdown:

2007 will be a tough act to follow. What a wild season it was.

Predictions:
USC will be in the BCS championship game
Notre Dame will totally suck again :thumbsup:
Michigan State will tease but not please

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
The Spartan Soap Box: the goings on of the MSU college program

--The Spartans open up August 30 against the Bears of Cal. Both teams had similar records and similar problems in 2007. Coach Dantonio hopes MSU's crappy defensive line will be more than a match for Cals' absence of a viable quarterback.
--The outer divisional games look like a turkey shoot if the Spartan offense--in particular RB Javon Ringer--can stay healthy. 3 of 4 are at home ending with a date against hapless ND. Think I'm too mean to the Irish? Look at their career records against each other. Owned!
--Don't expect much improvement in the passing game as new recruits are--new. Dantonio and Co. recruited out of Ohio heavily, which is OK by Ohio State coach Jim Tressell as long as there's a BCS.
--Watch for Soph phenom Ishmyl Johnson at DE. The way it's looking, he might end up as the ranking dude on the MichSt starting D.
--Lastly, OC Don Treadwell has a plan for keeping 5th year senior starting QB Brian Hoyer protected this season: prophylactics. "Every young man should carry them." he said.

Baill Inneraora

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Predictions:
Ohio State and USC play TWICE
Arizona St beats Georgia
Michigan State ends up w/more wins than Michigan
Notre Dame sucks again

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I'm sorry....is this a Michigan State thread? No offense to you Spartan lovers, but Michigan State will never even break the top 20. Georgia, OSU, Florida and USC all figure to be very tough but my choice for national champion is the Missouri Tigers.

E-Ann-Hilden

Predictions:
Ohio State and USC play TWICE
Arizona St beats Georgia
Michigan State ends up w/more wins than Michigan
Notre Dame sucks again

I go for 3 of the 4. GA beats AZ State..

GO BUCKS!

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Anybody but USC, Michigan, OSU, LSU, Notre Dame, or any team from the state of Florida please. :D

TheAdmiral

Nice tits, mind if I feel them?
Third time's the charm for Ohio State
USC wins its 3rd straight Rose Bowl
Winner of Florida/Georgia takes the SEC
At season's end, Joe Paterno will name himself Coach For Life and barricade himself inside the football office at Penn State, saying they'll never take him alive. When the news reaches Tallahassee, Bobby Bowden will say, "Dadgummit, if he can do it, so can I." Two-state standoff ensues.

bodie54

Hey all you Buckeye fans - did any of you hear Carson Palmer's comments about OSU? :1orglaugh

Not exactly diplomatic coming from a guy who makes his living in Ohio :D

Nikkifan19

Sorry for my bud english!
Another bold prediction: A Sun Belt team beats a team from A BCS conference (a la Louisiana-Monroe over Alabama last year).

bodie54

Hey all you Buckeye fans - did any of you hear Carson Palmer's comments about OSU? :1orglaugh

For those who didn't, they came during a radio interview in Los Angeles:

question: Just being in Ohio you gotta watch what you say with the old Ohio State-USC battle coming up, or do you just not give a (darn) and you're going to say what you feel like saying?

Palmer: I don’t watch what I say. I cannot stand the Buckeyes and having to live in Ohio and hear those people talk about their team, it drives me absolutely nuts. We got Keith Rivers out there and we got Frostee Rucker, we finally got a couple other ‘SC guys. It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I got to put up with being back there. I just can’t wait for two years from now when ‘SC comes to the ‘Shoe and I get to, hopefully have a home game that weekend and I can go out there and watch us pound on them on their own turf and kind of put all the talk to rest, because I’m really getting sick of it. I just can’t wait for this game to get here so they can come to the Coliseum and experience L.A. and get an old fashioned, Pac 10 butt-whooping and go back to the Big Ten.

question: So you’re a little excited about it?

Palmer: I can’t wait.

Great bulletin board material for Tressel and the Bucs :D

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
For those who didn't, they came during a radio interview in Los Angeles:

Great bulletin board material for Tressel and the Bucs :D

You'll always be able to find Ohio State haters. Especially after last season.

Baill Inneraora

From a Buckeye fan. Carson's comments dont bother me at all. He SHOULS hate OSU...he's a trojan. Back when he won the heisman USC fans felt that they were the best team in the country (even though they had two losses) But they were not in the championship game because it was OSU vs Miami. So he's still bitter about that.

Speilman did not become a Michigan fan when he played in Detroit, Chris Carter did not start rooting for the Golden Gophers, AJ Hawk is not a Bager fan....etc

Baill Inneraora

Michigan Losses

Utah
Wisconsin
Illinois
Penn State
Michigan State
Ohio State
And a Loss to Bowling Green in the Moter City Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.