• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

DuanCulo

Staff member
https://www.instagram.com/anitta/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anitta_(singer)
https://www.anitta.com.br/en/

Brazilian singer who went from unknown to singing at the Olympic Games, becoming her country's answer to the likes of Rihanna, Beyoncé, or Katy Perry. wikipedia.org

Born: March 30, 1993 (age 26), Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Spouse: Thiago Magalhães (m. 2017-2018)
Genre: Baile Funk, Brazilian Pop, Contemporary R&B, Latin, Latin Pop, Pop, Pop/Rock

Larissa de Macedo Machado (born 30 March 1993),[1] known professionally as Anitta, is a Brazilian singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, and businesswoman.

She began singing at age 8 in a choir from a Catholic church in the Honório Gurgel neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro. At the age of 16 she attended a technical school and was called to work at Vale. In 2010, after posting a video on YouTube, Renato Azevedo, then producer of the independent record company Furacão 2000, called her to sign a contract with the label. Due to the success of the song "Meiga e Abusada" in 2012, she signed a contract with Warner Music Brasil the following year.

Anitta rose to national fame in 2013 after releasing the single "Show das Poderosas", which reached the top of the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay chart.[2][3][4] Its music video has been viewed over 130 million times on YouTube.[5] In July of the same year, she released her debut studio album which received a triple gold record certificate and platinum certification by ABPD.[2] The album hit the mark of 170,000 copies sold, being also released in Portugal. Ritmo Perfeito (2014), her second studio album, sold 45,000 copies after a month of its release.[6] On the same day she released her first live album, Meu Lugar.[6][7] In November 2014, she performed at the Latin Grammy Award, becoming the youngest Brazilian singer to perform at the awards.[8] In 2015, she released her third studio album entitled Bang, which was certified platinum and produced the singles "Deixa Ele Sofrer", "Bang", "Essa Mina é Louca" and "Cravo e Canela".

In 2013, Anitta was the singer who most remained at the top of iTunes in Brazil and was elected by the same as the Artist of the Year.[2] She was also elected by the Associação Paulista de Críticos de Arte (APCA) as the revelation of the year in music in 2013. She is a five-time winner as the Best Brazilian Act on the MTV Europe Music Awards, and was the first Brazilian artist to win the Best Latin American Act award.[9]

In 2017, she was ranked as one of the most influential celebrities in social media according to Billboard.[10][11]

Born Larissa de Macedo Machado
30 March 1993 (age 26)
Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil (America)
Residence Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
Occupation
Singersongwriteractressdancerbusinesswoman
Years active 2010–present
Spouse(s) Thiago Magalhães
(m. 2017; div. 2018)
Musical career
Genres
Popdance-popelectropop
Labels Warner • Atlantic

Early life
Anitta was born Larissa de Macedo Machado in Rio de Janeiro,[5][4] the youngest daughter of Míriam Macedo and Mauro Machado;[12] her brother Renan Machado serves as her artistic producer. Her mother raised the two children by herself.[13][14]

She began her career at 8 years old singing in the choir of Santa Luzia Church in Rio de Janeiro by the intervention of her maternal grandparents.[4] At 11 years old, with the allowance she got, she decided to take English classes. She later received dance lessons provided by her mother's teacher. At 16, she finished a course in administration at a technical school in Rio de Janeiro.[5][15] A year later, she decided to pursue an artistic career. That same year, she was the winner of the "Revelation of Music" award.[16]

Anitta's stage name was inspired by the character Anita, from Rede Globo TV series Presença de Anita.[4] She thought the character "amazing" because "[she] could be sexy without looking vulgar, girl and woman at the same times".[9][4]

Besides her native Portuguese, she also speaks English and Spanish fluently.[17]

Artistry
Musical style
Anitta's music is generally pop,[73] but she also incorporates R&B,[74] dance-pop,[75] electropop,[76] electronic dance music,[76] reggae,[77] reggaeton,[78] funk carioca,[79] samba-reggae,[80] latin pop,[81] and bossa nova.[82]

Voice
Anitta has a slight soprano voice, whose vocal extension covers 2 octaves, with homogeneous vocals.[83] The celebrity website Vocal Pop detailed that her voice appears to be a 15-year-old girl and she has a "very sharp and light voice" and added that she has "no such master of her own voice and falls short in many gaps as a singer and an interpreter".[84] Forbes' Anderson Antunes indicated that the singer uses R&B on her songs, which is also used by Rihanna and Kesha, and she could be the next "global superstar", as Shakira, who follows the "world music appeal".[85] In a review for her self-titled album Anitta, Braulio Lorentz of G1 described her voice as being tweaked and sweet, and her songs have "lyrics about women's power, seductive power and other predicates of whoever claims to "have power".[73]

Influences

Singers such as Mariah Carey and Beyoncé have influenced Anitta.[86]
Anitta cites as her greatest influences the singers Beyoncé, Mariah Carey and Rihanna.[86][87] In 2013, the singer revealed that she dreamed of doing duets with Carey and Ivete Sangalo, and on the latter she emphasized: "If she accepts an invitation from these I think I'd die right at the time of the duet of so much emotion and then it will never come out".[86] During the first album, Anitta was compared to the singer Beyoncé, saying that the artist was one of her influences, although she was deeply acquainted with her work a short time ago. "It's a new admiration for me, I was not a fan since I was little like Mariah, but today I really admire her. Since I started to sing I really started to enjoy her".[88]

Another influence was also Sandy, with whom Anitta sang together on 27 July 2013, during Altas Horas, a television show, singing the tracks "As Quatro Estações" and "Desperdiçou". In the program Anitta commented: "I can sing all the songs, I have followed her since always. I took the CDs borrowed from my friends to listen".[89] During the production of her second album, Anitta quoted Katy Perry as influencing the new tracks.[89] Other references cited by the singer also include the group Pussycat Dolls,[90] and such singers as Madonna,[91] Britney Spears, Kate Nash and Colbie Caillat.[92] Among Brazilian pop artists, she was influenced by girl group Rouge.[93][94] During an interview for the G1, Anitta mentioned the MPB singers Gal Costa and Caetano Veloso for always being renewed and risking themselves in other styles.[92]

Public image

Anitta in the Coca-Cola Jeans parade in November 2014.
Soon after reaching stardom, Anitta was described as a sex symbol by the media.[95][96] In 2015, she was voted the sexiest woman by VIP magazine readers.[97] Writing for Folha de S. Paulo, Gustavo Fioratti said that the singer's "sexy, vulgar-style personality" is more impressive in her music videos than in her live performances.[98] The Daily Mail called her a "bombshell".[99][100] She believes that by working "with the sensuality thing", her artwork is not taken seriously by a part of the critics and the public. The singer expressed her frustration by saying, "[...] people think you have no talent, no intelligence. I can be intelligent and have the will to be sensual."[101]

In 2014, Anitta was accused of adopting an "anti-feminist speech" during a participation in the Globo network's Altas Horas show, claiming that "women fought so hard to have the same rights as men, that, when they succeed, they want to [be in charge] of the situation and [take] the place of men".[102] Subsequently, she began to adopt a position more in line with the ideals of feminism and also began to consider herself a feminist.[103][104] When she was elected "Woman of the Year" by the Brazilian edition of GQ magazine in 2017, she made a "feminist speech"[105] and said:

"I'm going to keep fighting with my music, talking about shallow things, dancing, wearing short clothes, saying what I say and what I do... so people understand that it's not a short outfit, it's the fact that you kiss how many people you want to kiss one night, who will tell you whether you're smart, whether you're capable, whether you have talent, whether you can sing, do, or fail to do."[105][106]

The singer was listed by Vogue magazine as one of the 100 most influential and creative people in the world. Anitta was chosen for the ranking because of her "positivity engagement around the body illustrated by the affirmative choice to display her untold image in the "Vai Malandra" music video.[107][108] Dom Phillips of The Guardian, said that the music video of "Vai Malandra" "sparked a ferocious debate in Brazil, exposing the country's social lines of failure, dealing with issues of inequality, racism, sexist abuse and cultural appropriation."[109] the singer was accused of "cultural appropriation" by black activists, for wearing hairbraids in the video, "Anitta uses black when it suits her," wrote Stephanie Ribeiro in a column for Marie Claire.[109] The singer claimed that her paternal family is black.[110] Anitta has a huge LGBTQ and female following. When she refused to publicly disapprove of the candidacy of right-wing conservative Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro, she received much criticism from her fans and the media.[111]

Anitta is one of the most influential celebrities in social networks. In June 2017, it appeared in the Social 50 ranking of the North American Billboard like the 15th most influential artist of the world in the social networks,[112][113] repeating, among other times, its appearance in December, when it was in the tenth position.[114][115] In March 2018, she won the iHeart Music Awards in the Social Star category.[116]

Anitta in 2015.
After achieving success, Anitta associated its image with several brands.[117] Often referred to as a "marketing case,"[118] Anitta said she feels praised when she is described as such. She explained: "I'm happy when I see people believe that I'm a marketing case because I'm the one who does my marketing. I studied marketing, I graduated in pre-college administration, I had a marketing class, all my marketing I'm the one who plans, I do it,[119] I feel praised when I see people saying that."[119] She also described as" co-branding "her strategy of partnering with foreign artists to lead their work to other markets.[120]

Anitta wore more colorful printed dresses early in her career, with cropped top combinations, short jeans and plaid blouses and caps. After the release of the album Bang (2015), the style of the singer began to make references to pop art. She has already stated that she likes to wear clothes from the brands Moschino[121] and Givenchy. In an interview with EGO.com, she said, "Being stylish is having an attitude, having an uncommon sense of being authentic, having style is having a good mood."[122]

In 2014, the singer claimed to have undergone six plastic surgery procedures, justified by a dissatisfaction with her appearance: "I saw myself a little hurt. I always had a bad nose too. breathe all local air ". By 2016, Anitta had already done two breast surgeries, two rhinoplasty, liposuction, enlargement of the cheekbones, among others. Anitta is considering further procedures in the future.[123][124][125][126][127] In 2016 the number increased to eight surgical interventions, the most recent being a fill in the lips, totaling more than 100 thousand reais in aesthetic procedures.[128]

Personal life
Anitta dated Mr. Thug, one of the members of the Bonde da Stronda, from early 2011 until the end of 2012.[129][130][131] The singer also had a relationship with actor and model Pablo Morais.[132] On November 17, 2017, she married businessman Thiago Magalhães, with whom she had been in contact since May of the same year. The couple officialized the union under total separation of goods.[133][134][135][136][137] They announced their separation in September 2018.[138] The same month, the singer implied in her profile on Twitter that she is bisexual, after stating that she is "part of the LGBTQ+ community".[139] In January 2019, after watching the documentary Cowspiracy (2014), she became vegan.[140]

In an interview for Trip magazine in 2017, she stated that she is doing therapy and also that if she did not pursue her artistic career, she would "be a happy psychologist".[103]

Philanthropy
In 2014, she made donations to a shelter that received homeless people from the thunderstorm that hit the city of Vila Velha and also performed at a public school for people with Down syndrome in Curitiba.[141][142]

In 2016, she made donations to people living in the favela of Cidade de Deus, in her hometown of Rio de Janeiro.[143]

Attachments

• prehome-2-1[1].jpg
    prehome-2-1[1].jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 252
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 960x0[1].jpg
    960x0[1].jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 236

DuanCulo

Staff member